2. Services Available on the Website
Without restriction, we generally offer the following services through the Website: A subscription-based software platform to calculate child support and spousal support. The services we offer are subject to change over time. By using the Website, you are confirming that you have determined that the services are appropriate for your needs. We do not guarantee that these services meet your needs or that they are suitable for your specific purposes.
3. Ownership of your files, Data and Content
When you choose to upload documents or data (including any images or text), Divorcepath does not review or pre-screen the contents of electronic data uploaded or posted to the Website (“Content”) and Divorcepath claims no intellectual property rights with respect to the Content.
4. Payment Procedures
Payments for services or products available on the Website will be charged to you in accordance with the policies, procedures, and timelines posted on the relevant sections of the Website.You agree to pay the fees applicable to your subscription and any other applicable fees, including but not limited to fees relating to the processing of transactions under your account (“Fees”).
All initial and recurring Fees will be charged to the credit card that you authorize for your account. It is your responsibility to keep your authorized credit card valid and up to date at all times. We may terminate or block access to your account if your credit card becomes expired or otherwise invalid at the time any Fees become due.
For purposes of processing payments, we use the following service provider: STRIPE, INC. 185 BERRY STREET, SUITE 550 SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94107
Before using the Website, you must first review and approve the terms and conditions governing the use of third-party payment processors, which are available at the following website: www.stripe.com
5. Your Account
The terms governing the features and capabilities of your account and the related Fees can be found on the Website.
You may cancel and terminate your Account at any time in accordance with the terms and policies posted on the Website.If at the date of termination of your Account, there are any outstanding Fees owing by you, you will receive one final invoice via email. Once that invoice has been paid in full, you will not be charged again.
7. Limitation of Liability
Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. We do not warrant that your use of the Website will be uninterrupted, secure or error-free.
In no event will we have any liability to you or any third party for any lost profits or revenues or for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages however caused, whether in contract, tort, or otherwise, and whether or not you or the third party have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In the event the foregoing paragraph, or any part thereof, is void under applicable law, this paragraph, or such part thereof, shall be inapplicable, while the remaining parts of this section shall remain valid and enforceable.
9. Security Breaches
In order to protect your security, it is your sole responsibility to ensure that all login credentials (including usernames, email addresses and passwords) used to access the Website are kept secure and confidential.You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account, including the unauthorized use of your password, or any other breach of security.
We will investigate any breach of security on the Website that we determine in our sole discretion to be serious in nature, but we will not be held responsible or liable in any manner for breaches of security or any unauthorized access to your account however arising.
10. Warranties and Representations
We hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, whether express, implied, or statutory, including but not limited to implied warranties as to merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose as they relate to the Website.
11. Compliance with Laws
You represent and warrant that:
- Your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the confidentiality or intellectual property rights of any User or third party; and
- Your use of the Website will comply with all local, provincial and federal laws, rules and regulations, and with all policies posted on the Website.
12. Age Restrictions
Users Must be Over the Age of 18.** You represent and confirm that you are over the age of 18. We do not target, market, or promote the Website to those under 18. We do not permit any User under the age of 18 to use the Website.
13. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
14. Waiver of Class Action
By using the Website, you agree to resolve any claim or dispute arising between you and us on an individual basis, rather than addressing such claim or dispute as part of a group or class. You hereby waive any right you may have to commence or participate in any class action lawsuit commenced against Divorcepath or its affiliates related to any claim, dispute or controversy arising from your use of the Website. Where applicable, you hereby agree to opt out of any class proceeding against Divorcepath otherwise commenced.The above waiver shall not apply to claims or disputes arising under consumer protection legislation or any other claim or dispute where a waiver of class action lawsuits is unenforceable at law.
15. General Terms
c. No Waiver
d. No Agency
f. Entire Agreement
17. Additional Terms
The following additional terms and conditions apply to the use of the Website:
- Responsibility for Processing Fees: If at any time, you choose to downgrade your subscription or otherwise require Divorcepath to initiate a payment to you, you will be responsible for any payment processing fees incurred by Divorcepath. Such processing fees will be automatically deducted from any payment before it is released to you.
- Fees Not Included in Your Subscription: Except where we have clearly stated that an applicable government fee has been waived or is included with your subscription, you will always be charged applicable government fees and agent fees in addition to your subscription fee for filing mandatory documents with the government. Where services are provided by Divorcepath for the filing of government forms or documents, including agent or courier services, we reserve the right to charge you service fees in addition to applicable government fees. The total amount of any additional fees will be shown to you before you choose to file such documents.
- No Solicitor-Client Relationship or Legal Advice Provided: We are a technology company that provides tools for Users to generate, complete, file, sign and store documents. We are not a law firm. We do not offer legal representation, legal advice, legal services, referrals or recommendations. There is no solicitor-client relationship between you and us. Before completing any task on the Website, you are encouraged to obtain personalized professional assistance related to your specific circumstances from someone qualified to provide legal advice in your jurisdiction.
- Divorcepath Content is for Information Only: The content, information, articles, help text, and other writings on the Website are not legal advice. Even when addressing topics of a legal nature, this information is not complete and may not apply to your specific circumstances. All information on the Website is provided for general informational purposes only. As such, the content of the Website is not a replacement for legal advice from a qualified legal professional who can advise you on your specific circumstances.
- Loss of Functionality: When you initiate any changes to your subscription, including subscription downgrades, you may lose access to features, services and the number of users able to access your account. You are responsible for advising others and taking any other steps arising from the loss of functionality within your account.
- Aggregate Data Extraction: Divorcepath extracts anonymized aggregate data from the data, documents, information and Content uploaded by users. You consent to allow Divorcepath to access, analyze, archive and use such anonymized data for its own business purposes during the term of your subscription to Divorcepath and at any point thereafter.